The mission of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Department of Kinesiology is to create, interpret, transmit, and apply knowledge related to movement, exercise, and human occupation with the ultimate goal of enhancing human health, productivity, and quality of life.
The Department of Kinesiology offers programs with a focus in health, movement, and physical activity.
The Department of Kinesiology offers a variety of graduate programs.
Certificates and Special Programs
Our research labs offer both graduate and undergraduate students opportunities to develop their skills.
ELOTD Class of 2024 Pinning Ceremony
Last Thursday, we welcomed family and friends of the ELOTD 2024 cohort to view their posters and congratulate them during their pinning ceremony. We loved seeing them all talk about their projects which they have …
Welcome New Kinesiology Faculty and Staff!
Welcome to Kinesiology Rebecca Gray Rebecca comes to the UW Madison after working for 20 years in healthcare administration. She has a Bachelor’ Degree in Healthcare Management as well as a Master of Business Administration …
Dr. Stamm’s Book Selected as Outstanding Academic Title of the Year
Each year, Choice Magazine publishes its list of Outstanding Academic Titles. This prestigious list reflects the best in scholarly titles, both print and digital, reviewed by Choice during the previous year and contains approximately ten …
- Doctoral student featured in Q&A with Wisconsin Alumni Association
- WAA spotlights UW–Madison student using horses, mobile apps to help children with autism develop motor skills
- Adapted Fitness returns to ParaBirkie ski race after three-year hiatus
- UW–Madison’s Beth Fields works toward better training, preparation for family care partners of dementia patients
- March 28Spring 2023 Art Department Art Faculty ColloquiumProfessor John Hitchcock5:00 PM, L160 Conrad A. Elvehjem Building
Also offered online
- March 29
- March 29Spring 2023 Art Department Visiting Artist ColloquiumAnastasiia Raina5:00 PM, L160 Conrad A. Elvehjem Building
Also offered online
- March 31Master's Fair: Explore New Pathways11:00 AM, Commons Area, Education Building (On Bascom)