Welcome to the Department of Kinesiology
The Department’s mission is to research, teach and apply knowledge related to movement, exercise and human occupation with the ultimate goal of enhancing human health, productivity, and quality of life. Regular physical activity reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death in the United States, so the study of movement, exercise and occupation has the potential to dramatically impact health and quality of life.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Spotlight on Kinesiology
Congratulations 3 of our Grad Students, Adam Corkery, Ryan Dougherty and Kathleen Miller for being honored at the ACSM Annual Meeting for their scientific abstracts/posters!
- Alexandra Carl named Undergraduate Research Excellence Fellow by American Physiological SocietyJune 22, 2017
- UW-Madison’s Winterstein to receive NATA Distinguished Educator AwardJune 19, 2017
- Congratulations ACSM HonoreesJune 15, 2017
- 2017 Caroline Thompson Keynote Speaker: Dr. Gordon GilesJune 13, 2017
- JOIN US FOR OUR ALUMNI AND FRIENDS RECEPTION IN HUSTON, TEXAS!June 13, 2017
- July 4Independence DayNo classes; university offices are closed.12:00 AM
- July 13
- August 118-Week Session Ends12:00 AM