Now is an exciting time to enter the field of physical education as this profession is just beginning to tackle our nation’s growing problem with inactivity and its associated risk factors to children and adolescents.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison has been offering quality physical education teacher education programs and preparing excellent physical educators since 1911. The new undergraduate physical education teacher education program has been redesigned to address emerging trends in physical education pedagogy and to include the following critical elements:
- Four-year degree program
- Cutting-edge conceptual approach to teaching physical education
- Wisconsin PreK-12 teaching certification
- Hands-on, guided teaching
- Emphasis on urban, inclusive, and multicultural settings
- Encompasses community building and behavior management
Our degree program with hands-on, guided teaching provides:
- Nationally and state recognized faculty and staff members
- Certification options in Adapted Physical Education and Health Education
- Small class sizes and advising groups
- A strong science and technology based curriculum
- Instruction within the nationally ranked UW School of Education
Students interested in the Physical Education Teacher Education Program at UW-Madison should view the program information provided on this site and in the current undergraduate catalog.