The Department of Kinesiology is proud to offer a new certificate program launching in Fall of 2019 – Promoting Activities for Diverse Abilities. This certificate will prepare students with specialized knowledge and skills to safely promote and develop physical activities for individuals with a wide range of abilities to improve their overall health, wellness, and functioning.
- Gain hands-on practicum experience working with clients with diverse abilities.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to safely promote and develop physical activities for individuals with a wide range of abilities to improve their health, wellness and functioning.
- Learn to address activities aimed to improve general activities of daily living, posture, mobility, breathing, nutrition and fall prevention.
- Study core curriculum coursework focused on anatomy, disability, a practicum experience, and specialized program planning (16-18 credits for completion).
- Tailor the program to their specific interests through electives including dance therapy, communicative disorders, health behavior and diversity in special education.