The Department of Kinesiology is proud to offer a new certificate program launching in Fall of 2019 – Promoting Activities for Diverse Abilities. This certificate will prepare students with specialized knowledge and skills to safely promote and develop physical activities for individuals with a wide range of abilities to improve their overall health, wellness, and functioning.
- Gain hands-on practicum experience working with clients with diverse abilities.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to safely promote and develop physical activities for individuals with a wide range of abilities to improve their health, wellness and functioning.
- Learn to address activities aimed to improve general activities of daily living, posture, mobility, breathing, nutrition and fall prevention.
- Study core curriculum coursework focused on anatomy, disability, a practicum experience, and specialized program planning (16-18 credits for completion).
- Tailor the program to their specific interests through electives including dance therapy, communicative disorders, health behavior and diversity in special education.
Interested in the certificate? Submit the Promoting Activity for Diverse Abilities Declaration/Cancellation Form here.