What will I study?
The Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education program is made up of the following components:
- Liberal studies and general education courses that expose students to a broad range of academic disciplines.
- Exercise science core course work that offer in-depth study of the basic sciences and mathematics.
- Physical education pedagogy (how to teach) courses.
- Elective classes related to areas of additional certification.
What kind of job can I get with a PE degree?
Your Bachelor of Science degree in PE from UW-Madison will serve as the key to available PE teaching jobs in Wisconsin, other states, and ever overseas. In addition, our graduates find successful careers in the fields of health care, sports, fitness and business.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON
- National ranking of 7th among public universities (U.S. News & World Report)
- 29 students in the average undergraduate class (only 10 percent of classes with 100 or more students)
- Opportunities to study abroad, participate in honors programs, complete an internship, conduct hands-on research, and take service-learning courses
- Outstanding research resources available Health Sciences Learning Center
- Learn more about attending UW-Madison
- 750 student organizations and leadership opportunities
- 1,500 performing arts events each year
- Big Ten Badger athletics featuring 23 varsity sports
- Recreational sports opportunities, including 35 club teams and 30 intramural sports
- Hoofers, one of the premier collegiate outdoor recreation programs in the county
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY
- A beautiful campus of 933 acres along the shore of Lake Mendota
- 5 area lakes and more than 100 miles of running, hiking, and biking trails in Madison
- The benefits of being situated in the state capital city of Madison (pop. 220,000), which tops many “best” lists—best place to live and work, best college sports town, one of America’s safest cities, and a top green city
- A convenient south central Wisconsin location, 80 miles from Milwaukee, 150 miles from Chicago, and 270 miles from Minneapolis
- Just 10 minutes from Dane County Airport, which offers more than 100 daily flights and nonstop flights to 14 major cities
Wisconsin’s combination of academic excellence and great value recognized by The Princeton Review, Barron’s Best Buys in College Education, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and The Fiske Guide to Colleges