EMS Practicum Information
Monday, November 28th @ 6:30pm Room 2081 (Nat): Clinical Settings - Labs & Cardiac Rehab
Wednesday, November 30th @ 6:30pm Room 2055 (Nat): Fitness Settings - Including Adapted Fitness
Process for enrolling in Practicum
To be eligible for Practicum, students must have completed Kines 314. Students will not be able to enroll in practicum (Kines 300 section 002) during their enrollment period. There is a process in place for practicum. Students will not be able to enroll until all steps are complete.
- Students must attend the practicum meeting(s).
If there are multiple meetings, students may attend the one that interests them, or both.
- At the meeting students will sign up for a practicum placement.
Sign up priority is given to graduating seniors. After that is based on cumulative credits.
- Students are then required to follow up with their practicum site supervisor to confirm their site and establish hours.
- Students must then contact Dr. Carda with this information.
- Dr. Carda will ask that the student is given permission to enroll in the class.
- Authorizations are usually entered right away, unless the request comes over the weekend, then they are done on Monday.
- Students should be able to enroll with in 24hrs of the request.
- Students will need to enroll themselves in Kines 300 section 002. This is the section that meets EMS degree requirements.
Once students are enrolled in Practicum, there will be only ONE meeting. The schedule states that this class meets on Wednesday's 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Student should be aware that they only meet once, on the first Wednesday of the semester. After that there will be no more meetings. Contact Dr. Carda
if you have questions.
Clinical Sites (Fall)
Fitness sites (Fall)
Clinical Sites (Summer)
FITNESS SITES (summer)